Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with NetWorker notifications

2008-01-21 13:54:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with NetWorker notifications
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:50:29 -0500
On Jan 21, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Rohrich, James wrote:

Are you sure it is not an smtp problem or a DNS issue. I am not a Sun
expert, but I found the following. See in the link where they talk about
checking the mail que.

http://www.kempston.net/solaris/configsendmail.html

I ran into a problem at one time, but it was the relay for email which
had changed and caused the notifications to stop, since there was no
place to route the emails.

Yes, I am positive. I can log in and send email from the root account to the intended recipients just fine. The mail queue is empty. The sendmail configuration on my NetWorker hasn't changed. It was working fine up until Friday morning, then it stopped. I can also get emails from the client notification messages for the clients where I set them up with a notification. The bootstrap reports are also sent out via email and delivered just fine.