Networker

[Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 to 7.4.1.SP1

2008-01-21 10:22:45
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 to 7.4.1.SP1
From: Peter Grace <pgrace AT TPFX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:15:27 -0500
Hello again list,

I decided I should tackle the 7.2 -> 7.4.1SP1 upgrade "by the book", since my last attempt to do this on another server resulted in me losing my indexes!

I'm a bit perplexed about instruction one from the installation guide:

1. Determine whether all criteria to complete the index conversion is met.

Where are these criteria enumerated? I checked the intro to the upgrade section but it makes no mention of criteria, in fact it says that you cannot directly upgrade, so that is kind-of confusing.

The directions do say to save the bootstraps with savegrp -O <group>, is this all I need to do to ensure that the indexes are also saved, or do I have to make sure I have full backups of every group before I upgrade? The directions are a little ambiguous on that.

As always, thanks for the numerous responses I get from everyone, I appreciate the help.

Pete