Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with NetWorker notifications

2008-01-21 08:47:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with NetWorker notifications
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:41:19 -0500
On Jan 21, 2008, at 7:54 AM, Conrad Macina wrote:

Does the problem persist after you stop/start the NetWorker processes (sort
of the NetWorker equivalent to Ctrl-Alt-Del)?

I am not at liberty to restart the NetWorker processes just yet, so I don't know.

The only three things I did on Friday on my server were: add a new client entry, remove an old client entry, but I also did something out of the ordinary that I am now thinking might have triggered this issue. I am trying to collect tech support data for some cases I have open with EMC for NetWorker 7.4 so I put the nsrd process into debug 9 mode while it was running on Friday, then after about an hour, I put it back into debug 0 mode and uploaded the daemon.raw file to the appropriate PowerLink case. Other than that, I didn't do anything on our NetWorker server on Friday. To do this, I used the dbgcommand utility which was provided to me by an EMC engineer last week.