Networker

Re: [Networker] Any way to clear a tape request ?

2008-01-18 13:00:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Any way to clear a tape request ?
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:47:20 -0500
Thanks for the suggestions Thierry...

No Storage Node involved here, except the Networker server itself that
IS also the only SN (Dell PV-136T w/5 LTO2 drives).

It finally timed out after 30 minutes and cleared the request .... I
found the nsrmmd settings listed in the /Set Up Server/Media Manager
tab. They are currently set to:

Nsrmmd polling interval: 3
Nsrmmd restart interval: 2
Nsrmmd control timeout: 5

I will keep them as is, and maybe make changes if this happens again...
Or go looking for the nsrmmd process that was started @ the time the
requests began and kill it (sometimes it's fun to 'kill' processes, just
because you can...)