Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 and Exchange 2007

2008-01-18 11:04:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 and Exchange 2007
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:00:53 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
01/18/2008 08:48:00 AM:

> We are running Legato Networker version 7.2.2 on Solaris 9 and we back
> up Microsoft Exchange 2007 with no troubles. We do not try to do the
> brick level backup on it but we do get the information stores which is
> the most important part. We tried the mailbox backups but to no avail.

The standard wisdom on backing up Exchange is that brick-level backups
(i.e., backups of individual mailboxes) are a Bad Idea, and you should
just backup the Information Store. Restoring individual messages is done
by using the Deleted Items Retention function.

(I used to have to admin a Exchange 2003 server, and we used BackupExec to
back it up)