Networker

Re: [Networker] Budgeting for tape media

2008-01-15 09:04:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Budgeting for tape media
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:57:45 -0500
Stan,

We're in the same boat.  We try to buy media for at least 6 months at a
time or more when we don't necessarily know what will happen to data
growth.

To try to work around this, I've been doing is tracking growth over the
last few years.  This has shown that, despite the odd jumps, our growth
rate is pretty steady.  This has been EXTREMELY useful to budget for
media, to begin to make the case that our environment needs updating,
etc.

Good luck.
Teresa