Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3/7.4 with older clients.

2008-01-14 13:44:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3/7.4 with older clients.
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:39:05 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] 7.3/7.4 with older clients., Yaron Zabary said...:

I might need to upgrade soon (too soon) from 7.2.2 to 7.3/7.4. I still have some old clients (6.x) which cannot be upgraded (they run Redhat 7 and other unsupported OS versions). I also have an old Netware client which still runs 4.22.

 Does anyone run such a combination (7.4/7.3 server and 6.1 clients) ?

 Is the NSR_SUPPORT_NETWARE_4X environment variable still exist with 7.3/7.4

We haven't actually tested it, but we've been told by EMC support that
the environment variable hack will NOT work with 7.3.x and later.

They've told us that we must be running the 7.2.x client on NetWare if
our server is 7.3.x or later.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)