Networker

Re: [Networker] Supporting multiple clients for save set recover?

2008-01-10 09:35:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Supporting multiple clients for save set recover?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:30:42 +0000
The first /etc/hosts from first SSID on tape will be recovered,
recover will be pending on waiting what to do to not overwrite
exiting file.

If you force recover to overwrite, you will get the /etc/hosts
from the last ssid on tape.

Nothing prevent you to launch recovers in background such

recover -s server -d /var/tmp/recover/stella -Y -S ssid1  &
recover -s server -d /var/tmp/recover/fred   -Y -S ssid2  &

So, both /etc/hosts will be recovered and kept.

HTH

TH
Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT - PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                                  Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels

Winners don't do different things, ... they do just things differently!