Networker

[Networker] SOLVED : Such a long time to recover a save set ?

2008-01-10 05:04:23
Subject: [Networker] SOLVED : Such a long time to recover a save set ?
From: Daniel Clar <Daniel.Clar AT SUPELEC DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:00:27 +0100
Hello,

I have an explanation for this.

Once upon a time, the client was running the networker single server version. So
it was a client for himself and a client for the main networker server. The
single serevr was stopped a long time ago but the file res/servers contained 2
lines : the server_name and the client_name .

When the backup starts during the night, the server is asking the client for the
modified files and it's running perfectly.

When nwrecover is launched on the client side, the things are not going well
because the software is "not sure" where to find information. It finds the tapes
needed on the server but not the number of files or the size needed to restore
and when the recover is started, it asks something to the client which never
answers !

I'm not sure that this behaviour is correct... I've removed the client line from
res/servers and the problem has disappeared.

Thank you to Edward Coty for his help.

Regards

Daniel Clar
Supelec