Networker

Re: [Networker] Anyone installed 7.4SP1 on Windows yet?

2008-01-09 13:08:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Anyone installed 7.4SP1 on Windows yet?
From: "James E. Pratt" <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:55:11 -0500

Ok. I am fairly new to networker with a fresh 7.4 install that seems to
be running fairly well overall, and from lurking on this list-serv, and
my ongoing (small, yet annoying) issues with "Support" on this version,
I get the impression people are avoiding 7.4 altogether like a plague.

Are you essentially saying that EMC actually released a new
version/update that does not even work, or rather they could not even
get to work/upgrade themselves? That is utterly crazy and sad!?

Any other thoughts from anyone out there running 7.4 on win32?  We are
finding bugs that are so simple and ridiculous (and some have been told
are patched, but yet are still not with hotfixes?) , that we are often
feeling like we are the only site on earth even running this thing?

Regards,
Jamie