Networker

Re: [Networker] Preparing for levels and incrementals across 2 groups

2008-01-08 08:12:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Preparing for levels and incrementals across 2 groups
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:07:40 -0500
On 1/8/08 7:56 AM, Coty, Edward wrote:
 I actually do this for field sites. Define your offsite group and
assign the level full to it. Run that the day before you run your onsite
full. Create another group called onsite with the level of full. Run
that the day after or after the Offsite backup is complete. You can then
run incr and you will have all tapes needed for a restore onsite. You
will have a full backup offsite for DR.

Why would you want to do this instead of just cloning the onsite to an offsite clone media pool?