Networker

Re: [Networker] Client Operations and Notification

2007-12-19 10:16:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client Operations and Notification
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:13:53 -0500
We use the 'owner notification' field in the client config to send daily
e-mails to interested parties for individual clients with:
 'blat - -subject "Clientx backup report" -to e-mail AT domain DOT com'

We tell them - if you get an e-mail, it backed up per the details in the
mail message, if you don't get an e-mail, it did not backup for some
reason that must be investigated further...(or our mail relay lost the
message, which happens at times, in which case it is logged)  Or it has
been turned off....