Networker

Re: [Networker] tapes suddenly being marked full when they are not...

2007-12-18 08:57:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] tapes suddenly being marked full when they are not...
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:52:49 -0600
Hello,
Drive Firmware autolevel feature in Tape lib such as ADIC i2K  helps keep
all drives within the Tape Lib at same Firmware level, Firmware mismatch
can occur if drives are changes etc, all lib may not support this feature,
check with the vendor.
As far as CDI, i have had conflicting information, in my environment, we
had definite benefit by keeping "CDI OFF", so i would suggest turning it
off and see if the problem goes away, if not leave it the way it is, you
can also read up on what you gain or lose by this feature in Networker
Guides and elsewhere.
HTH