Networker

Re: [Networker] oracle rman backup reports that file changed during backup?

2007-12-14 11:50:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] oracle rman backup reports that file changed during backup?
From: Will Parsons <w.parsons AT LEEDS.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:47:26 +0000
Mark,
The message you sent out was from the "save" binary, not from nsrnmo - the utility used for RMAN/NMO backups. If you're running the Oracle/RMAN/NMO backup AND the file-system backup (Oracle software etc) from the same group, could I suggest that you put in a directive to skip the directory where your Oracle datafiles are located.
e.g.
client = oraserv1 save set = /,/var/oracle_software, /oracle_data Directive = <</oracle_data>> +skip *.*

client=oraserv1
save set = /path_to_scripts/mybackup.rman
Backup command = nsrnmo

HTH
From
Will

mark wragge wrote:
I Just found this on the list which answers my question:
Oracle tablespaces in hot-backup mode are constantly changing, but the way they > change is known to oracle, so the backup files are good for recovery.
 > If you follow the correct Oracle procedure for how files are saved,
 > there wouldn't be a problem.  If they're not in hot-backup mode and
 > you're just grabbing the files, then they might not be consistent for
> recovery.

mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE> wrote:
I am using Networker Oracle Module to backup a database. The database is therefore put into hot backup mode which i thought meant that there was nothing written to the database while the backup is taking place. Sometimes we receive a warning stating that the file changed during the backup but this file is actually the database. How can this file change during the backup if it is in hot backup mode. Do i need to be concerned with these warnings.
The message is:
Beginning backup of tablespace WRK_DATA...
Backing up datafile /SRVR1_db04/dbf/WRK_DATA_01.dbf...
/SRVR1_db04/dbf/WRK_DATA_01.dbf
save: Warning - `/SRVR1_db04/dbf/WRK_DATA_01.dbf' changed during save

Thanks, Mark Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

w.parsons AT leeds.ac DOT uk
UNIX Support
Information Systems Services