Networker

[Networker] oracle rman backup reports that file changed during backup?

2007-12-13 09:41:23
Subject: [Networker] oracle rman backup reports that file changed during backup?
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:37:14 +0000
I am using Networker Oracle Module to backup a database. The database is
therefore put into hot backup mode which i thought meant that there was nothing
written to the database while the backup is taking place. Sometimes we receive
a warning stating that the file changed during the backup but this file is
actually the database. How can this file change during the backup if it is in
hot backup mode. Do i need to be concerned with these warnings.

  The message is:
  Beginning backup of tablespace WRK_DATA...
    Backing up datafile /SRVR1_db04/dbf/WRK_DATA_01.dbf...
  /SRVR1_db04/dbf/WRK_DATA_01.dbf
  save: Warning - `/SRVR1_db04/dbf/WRK_DATA_01.dbf' changed during save

  Thanks, Mark