Networker

[Networker] Backup of a Microsoft twin site stretched cluster

2007-12-07 11:28:08
Subject: [Networker] Backup of a Microsoft twin site stretched cluster
From: Morph <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 02:24:33 -0800
Hi,

Thanks in advance for the help, I am designing a twin site 2 node Microsoft
2003 R2 64bit stretched clusters 2 with 2 HP EVA's providing the storage using
CA replication(DR groups) we are also planing to use HP's cluster extension to
allow the virtual server to failover between the arrays.

In the event of a failover I need to be able to continue to backup the virtual
server at the second site, both sites have HP MSL6060 libraries which will be
conected into the fabric.  My current thinking is to install networker on the
Virtual server as a dedicated storage node and to build a seperate cluster for
Networker server (as this is a green field site), but I am confused on how I
would failover to the 2nd site? would we have to create a 2nd backup job to use
the 2nd MSL6060 which would be need to be manually enabled following a failover?