Networker

Re: [Networker] Just added a ATL P7000

2007-12-06 17:45:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Just added a ATL P7000
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:37:04 -0500
All you have to do is write a block or two of garbage to the front of
each tape and it'll be fine.  Write a for loop that puts each tape in a
drive, then uses dd to copy /etc/hosts or something to the drive.  (e.g.
dd if=/etc/hosts of=/dev/rmt/0cbn )

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies