Networker

Re: [Networker] Oracle module file libobk.so already exists

2007-12-06 05:06:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Oracle module file libobk.so already exists
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:03:31 +0000
Hi Matthew, I suspect that the libobk.so file is there as Netbackup was being
used previosuly to backup this server so perhaps netbackup placed the file
there.

  I have renamed the file and then created the link required by networker. When
i attempt to run a backup i get as far as the RMAN script and the backup fails
with an error of "ORA-27211: Failed to load Media Management Library".

  I have also tried initiating each command using RMAN rather than a networker
scheduled backup but i receive the same error.

  Do you think that the incorrect libobk.so is loaded in memory by netbackup
and therefore the link to the networker libobk.so is not being used and the
incorrect library is being loaded?

  Do you think that a restart of the Oracle services will resolve this?

  Thanks again, Mark

  Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM> wrote:
  You can remove it and replace it with a link BUT....

If you have oracle processes currently running then it can create
problems. If you can shut down the oracle proccesses, just remove the
file and create the link.

It's possible that someone create a hardlink rather than a softlink (ln
rathern than ln -s) which means the file is referenced directly from
both locations. This can only happen if the oracle software is installed
on the same volume as /usr/lib.

----
Matthew Huff | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577