Networker

Re: [Networker] Client Names / Weird failures... / DNS ?

2007-12-05 09:17:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client Names / Weird failures... / DNS ?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 14:12:10 +0000
Shyam Hegde wrote:
Add "B" in aliases list. (without quotes)
That should solve the problem.

Thanks!
Shyam

NO! Don't EVER add a client name as an alias for another client, and don't EVER add a cluster service name as an alias for a physical client.

If you do this you can make links in the database between clients that you will find almost impossible to break.