Networker

[Networker] How to debug savepnpc problems

2007-12-04 13:26:47
Subject: [Networker] How to debug savepnpc problems
From: ktung <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:22:34 -0800
Hi there,

Have you resolved the post cmd not executed problem? I have the same problem.
My precmd runs fine and exited with 0 as the precmd.logs says, the saveset also
runs fine. The savepnpc.log has one entry says "preclntsave: All command(s) ran
successfully.". However, there is no entry for pstclntsave in the log and the
/nsr/tmp directory has the following files: ClearCase.lck, ClearCase.tmp,
ClearCase.res.lck, product.res.lck, and nsrla.res.lck. (I manually delete those
ClearCase* files there everyday even those I'm using the savefixpnpc V6.1.1 as
posted by Dave Driver).

We are using NetWorker 6.1.1 and my /nsr/res/ClearCase.res is listed as follows:
type: savepnpc;
precmd: /nsr/bin/precmd.sh >> /nsr/logs/precmd.log 2>&1;
pstcmd: /nsr/bin/pstcmd.sh >> /nsr/logs/pstcmd.log 2>&1;
timeout: "9:00am";

#end

I needs to find out why NetWorker doesn't run pstcmd.sh for a clean exit 0 of
the precmd.sh and ignore the timeout. (Yes, there is a blank line after the
timeout line.)

Thanks,
KT