Networker

[Networker] NetWorker 6.1.1 Backup Solaris raw device /dev/md/rdsk/d31

2007-11-27 16:36:43
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker 6.1.1 Backup Solaris raw device /dev/md/rdsk/d31
From: ktung <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:21:16 -0800
Hi Peter,

This is for ClearCase VOBs backup. I intend to back up the VOB storage directly
to the tape, instead of having to snapshot it to the disk first. I'm planning
to do the following:

In the precmd.sh script:
1. lock up the ClearCase VOB databases to fulsh the cache to the disk.
2. metaoffline d3 d31 # take the d31 submirror offline
3. fsck -y /dev/md/dsk/d31 # check and fix any problms
4. mount -F ufs -o ro /dev/md/dsk/d31 /backup/d31
5. unlock the VOBs.

In pstcmd.sh:
1. umount /backup/d31
2. metaonline d3 d31

I hope this approach will avoid the data corruption as you mentioned that when
there is /backup/d31 mounted.

Thanks,
KT