Networker

Re: [Networker] Complete system recovery without ASR FAILED

2007-11-22 10:30:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Complete system recovery without ASR FAILED
From: "Lenneberg, Rolf" <Rolf.Lenneberg AT AP1 DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 16:25:17 +0100
Is your OS installed with HP SmartStart?
What version of SmartStart?
Is it a upgraded server from W2k -> W2k3?
Is it exactly the same HW?

As far as I learned doing recovery of Windows OS on HP Proliant HW you
usally have to setup the server the same way as it was done before.

Maybe it is easier to do a rebuild instead. Install OS, applications and
only recover data if possible. I do recommend to use HP SmartStart to
install the server OS.

Rgrds

Rolf Lenneberg