Networker

Re: [Networker] data recovery looking for old tapes

2007-11-15 06:58:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] data recovery looking for old tapes
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 06:56:28 -0500
On Nov 15, 2007, at 6:34 AM, mark wragge wrote:

Hi, I am having a problem recovering a full backup of some data from a windows 7.4 client. The client was backed up level full last friday and we are attempting to do a level full restore by selecting the entire data drive for recovery. The drive is not the system drive and contains user files in a folder structure.

When we view the required volumes for the data recovery Networker is requesting volumes that are weeks old. The only volume that should be required is last fridays volume.

The browse time is correct for the client recovery in networker user. Networker reports that the level full backup was successful last firday except for a few skipped open pst files.

For what reasons could networker be requesting these old tapes and why does networker not use last fridays tape!

 Thanks for any tips, Mark

Mark;

Did you compare what you see in the recover GUI with what "mminfo -v - c client" says? Do they match up for the disk volume in question for last Friday? Perhaps your media index is corrupt. If so, "nsrck -X client" might fix it.