Networker

Re: [Networker] Scheduled backups

2007-11-14 00:35:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scheduled backups
From: Jeff Mery <jeff.mery AT NI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:05:00 -0600
That should work, but we just ran into a bug after upgrading to 7.3.3
where the priority setting in a group is ignored.  We were informed by EMC
that the bug (LGTSC08291) was filed under 7.3.2 and duplicated in 7.3.3.
Depending on when 7.4 was forked, it may exist there as well.  EMC support
said 7.4 wasn't listed in the bug, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

We were also informed that there is currently no patch or workaround
available.  We can't go to 7.4 so we're (literally) in the process of
rolling back to 7.1.4  =(

Jeff Mery - MCSE, MCP
National Instruments

"Allow me to extol the virtues of the Net Fairy, and of all the fantastic
dorks that make the nice packets go from here to there. Amen."
TB - Penny Arcade

Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/04/2007 06:47 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Scheduled backups

You can set the group's parallelism to 1 and tune the priority value for
each client in the group to define the order of backup.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or
act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the
author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.

type