Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux Client setup

2007-11-13 15:59:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux Client setup
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:52:20 -0600
Hello,
The system is not here yet, but i was told it's going to be RedHat Linux
Enterprise 5.1.
"If /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny is being used, you will need to
make sure that the portmap entry allows connections from your server"
Can you give me an example how this is configured ?

"If iptables is enabled, you will need to make sure that the firewall
isn't
blocking connections from your server."
How do i query Linux system to know if iptables are enabled or not ?

"If SELinux is in place, you're on your own.  ;-) "
Is this part of RedHat or a different variant of Linux
We have enough client licenses & client pack for Linux is being purchased.
I really appreciate your help with this.
Thanks

Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/13/2007 12:12 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Linux Client setup

In regard to: [Networker] Linux Client setup, Fazil Saiyed said (at
8:52am...:

> This is the first time i will be using Windows server 7.3.3 to backup
> Linux, i have heard conflicting info on what i need, can some one give
me
> more insight as to what i need to backup 5 linux -RedHat client servers
> windows based Networker server.

You need:

- at least five free client connection licenses, or you need to purchase
   at least five more.

- the Linux Client Pack.

You don't say what version of Red Hat Linux you're running, so I can't
comment on any special install procedures.

>I would appreciate if  you could also
> elaborate on any install issues, special parameters and or config for me
> to get going on it. ( What files would i need to configure,i.e hosts
allow
> ? RMP install procedures )

If /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny is being used, you will need to
make sure that the portmap entry allows connections from your server.

If iptables is enabled, you will need to make sure that the firewall isn't
blocking connections from your server.

If SELinux is in place, you're on your own.  ;-)  I doubt it will cause
you any problems, but it probably depends on what version of Red Hat
you're running.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)

type