Networker

[Networker] Dynamic World WIde Naming

2007-11-09 10:18:16
Subject: [Networker] Dynamic World WIde Naming
From: Paul messner <paul_messner AT STARKEY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:11:14 -0500
Hi,

Does anyone have a STK library with DWWN turn on? If yes or no I would like
to know why?  We are having I/O issues on our tape drives and I'm trying to
find if there is something we missed.

We did some testing with a new backup server with dwwn off and everything
looked good.  When we moved the server into production we had dwwn turned
on and now we are getting I/O error on the drives connected into our SAN
during backups. At first I thought the problem was with the st.conf, but
now I'm not too sure.

We have been told that another site has their tape drives going to a SAN
enivornment with no issues, but they do not have dwwn turn on.

We have a L700e tape library with IBM LTO2 tape drives with code 67U1.
Going into a SAN with Brocade switch 24000.

Thanks,
Paul