Networker

[Networker] : [Networker] VTL or disk cabinet backup

2007-11-05 09:47:21
Subject: [Networker] : [Networker] VTL or disk cabinet backup
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:37:18 -0600
Hello,
I believe networker Emc already offer capacity based licence for VTL, we
have them in use and more refined version of stop gap licence we have (
unlimited slot 10 TB increment  X 4) licence is in works.
I do believe in larger environment VTL has play, in small to medium
environment AFTD may suite you better, especially if Networker Disk
management becomes more rebost, i.e i would like to see it support staging
along with retention ( for staged data) for number of days so that tapes
can be written for offsite without loosing onsite recoverability for
number of days.
Thanks