Networker

[Networker] File date-based Directives

2007-11-02 16:16:11
Subject: [Networker] File date-based Directives
From: Vandeventer <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:28:44 -0700
My company is migrating to Networker 7.3 from another backup software vendor,
and so I am working to learn the ins and outs of Networker.  One of the tasks I
have is to archive and purge old log files from a file server on a monthly
basis.  I have done this in the past by applying a filter to the backup client,
specifying that it ignore all files less than one week old.  A batch file run
after verification of the backup then deletes files on which the archive
attirbute has been cleared, thus purging the backed-up files.

How can I accomplish this task in Networker, other than manually selecting the
tens-of-thousands of files in nearly a hundred different directories that I
want backed up?  Is there a way to write a directive that will back up/ignore
files based on their creation/modification/accessed dates?

Thanks