Networker

[Networker] Broken Pipe Error

2007-11-01 17:41:32
Subject: [Networker] Broken Pipe Error
From: Paul Steele <paul.steele AT ACADIAU DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:34:56 -0300
We're trying to do a full restore of a large Netware 6.5 volume. Most of
the files have restored without problems. However, about 10% of the
files will not restore. The error we're getting is "Recover: Write
failed for FILENAME - Broken pipe". We've tried a variety of techniques
including recovering an older version of the file from an earlier tape,
and restoring the file from a different server using a directed recover.
At this point we're stuck. We've done various google searches but
haven't found an explanation of what the broken pipe error might mean.

We are using the 7.2 client version of Networker from a 6.x server. It's
a somewhat old configuration but we haven't had any problems like this
before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.