Networker

Re: [Networker] Max server parallelism?

2007-10-31 12:33:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Max server parallelism?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:19:36 +0000
George Sinclair wrote:
Sorry. We're using 7.2.2, so I'm a bit behind on the enhancements .  :-[
In my release, I don't see a 'Max sessions', only a 'Target sessions'.
Do newer releases replace "Target sessions' with 'Max sessions' or somehow
support both?

From 7.3 onwards there is a NEW parameter for max sessions. Target sessions is still there. An improvement IMHO.

I have also been hanging back and sticking to 7.2.x on the grounds that it is the most stable and reliable release of NetWorker I have ever used, but with EOL for 7.2.x due for June 2008 I am now preparing to upgrade, probably to 7.4 across the board. Unfortunately I still have a couple of Solaris 2.6 NW servers which will have to stay on NW 6.1.3.