Networker

Re: [Networker] After upgrading to networker 7.4

2007-10-31 03:44:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] After upgrading to networker 7.4
From: Lauradel Collins <lauradel AT CS.UOREGON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:37:30 -0700
I'm sorry for being obtuse.

The Networker Management Console passwords are the ones I was wondering about.

Thanks,
lauradel

--On October 30, 2007 1:17:22 PM -0500 Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU> wrote:

In regard to: Re: [Networker] After upgrading to networker 7.4,
Lauradel...:

Where are the passwords stored?

I'm afraid I don't understand the question.  What passwords are you
asking about?

Tim

The NetWorker Management Console (NMC), which was added to the product
in 7.3.x, uses a database for some of its functionality.  The service
that runs is called "gst", and those three letters also appear in the
saveset that you use to back up the database.  Doing backups of this
database is documented in the nwadmin guide, in the section called
"Backing Up NetWorker Console Management data".

--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)