Networker

[Networker] Backup over WAN

2007-10-29 12:09:58
Subject: [Networker] Backup over WAN
From: Zwe Paing <Zwe.Paing AT MARYMOUNT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:07:50 -0400
I have backup running over wan link: server and storage node on one location and client on another location. I would like to know whenever the backup runs, does the client backup data go straight to the storage node or does it have to go through the server first and then get transferred to the storage node. If I were to move my storage node right next to client on same location, will the performance be better with quicker backup speed or will it getting worse?

Please advise me which way is better?
server & storage node <--wan--> client
server <--wan--> client & storage node

Thank you.