Networker

Re: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library

2007-10-25 15:43:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:38:09 -0500
On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:49:31PM -0500, MIchael Leone wrote:
> (eventually, I want this script to run every morning, and email me what
> volumes were used, showing what pools. We'd then use this to generate a
> report for our offsite tape storage vendor every day)

I use a different tack for a similar report.  I have a cronjob that
dumps 'mminfo -m' and 'mmlocate' to a text file daily, and then
compares yesterday's with todays.  Gives me a short list of what's
changed volume-wise in the last 24 hours.  It's included in some of the
Networker scripts I've put online.

https://agora.cs.uiuc.edu/display/~mussulma/Media+diff+report

Dave (who's been using
https://agora.cs.uiuc.edu/display/~mussulma/quantity-report.pl quite a
bit lately and has become his favorite at-a-glance report)