Networker

Re: [Networker] After upgrading to networker 7.4

2007-10-25 12:13:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] After upgrading to networker 7.4
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:09:16 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
10/25/2007 11:56:19 AM:

> In regard to: Re: [Networker] After upgrading to networker 7.4,
MIchael...:

> > Haven't seen that yet. Have seen some weirdness with SQL jobs (SQL
module
> > log says sucessful, but GUI reports failure), but that *may* be
unrelated.
> > I have an open case about that, too, although this time I am at least
> > hearing back with suggestions (mostly about doing it manually, with
> > extreme verbosity, and sending logs).
>
> Are you talking about the NMC/gst database?

I don't know, because I don't know what the gst database is. :-)

> We've seen that problem
> (GUI says the backup failed, but it apparently succeeded) on our 7.3.x
> server, and upgrading to 7.4 didn't improve the situation at all.

Hmmmm ... well, I'm in the process of gathering logs and daemon.raw and
res files, to be uploaded for my open case on the subject. I will let you
know.