Networker

[Networker] Querying tapes in the library

2007-10-24 09:31:08
Subject: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:23:47 -0500
Hello,
I use a slightly, different approach to list the tape used from my last
backup, here it is, then i use a cmd to unmount the drives and eventually,
use the last cmd to withdraw the tapes for the operations staff, the only
kink  is that if the backups are still running at the time of the scripts
, then the tapes can be on the list and not withdrawn, i have instructions
for operations staff to watch out for this situations.
I have long save time here so that i don't miss any tapes left behind from
day or two ago.
You can modify the scripts to get any information useful to you.
mminfo  -av -r"volume" -q "location= "[email protected]",savetime>=3 weeks ago"

here is the upload script
D:\nsr\bin\nsrjb -u -j "[email protected]"
And lastly, here is the withdraw script.
for /f "tokens=1" %%A in (D:\Scripts\TAPEW\ListTape.txt) do
(D:\nsr\bin\nsrjb -w -j "[email protected]" %%A) > D:\Scripts\Logs\Tape_WT.log
2>&1
HTH