Networker

Re: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library

2007-10-23 16:18:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:12:48 +0000
On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 03:49:31PM -0400, MIchael Leone wrote:
> I'd like to run a report that shows me all the tapes currently in the
> library slots that have a used percentage > 0, and I'd like to see the
> volume ID, pool, last access date and time. But it seems like mminfo won't
> allow me to specify the report criteria to print (unless I'm totally
> missing something, which is entirely likely), when I'm querying media in
> the library, as opposed to media in the media database.

Hm..  All media in the library should be in the media database, so it's
the same thing.  You would just be limiting the set to items in the
jukebox (or all nearline storage which could be in any jukebox).

> C:\PHA Scripts>mminfo -q "near,%used>0" -m
>  state volume                  written  (%)  expires     read mounts
> capacity
>        915613                    14 GB   9% 12/23/2007   0 KB    23    160
> GB
>
> I can't add any "-r" specs to the mminfo command. Can anybody re-point me
> in the right direction to get what I want?

-m is just an implicit report spec.  You can't use it and an explicit
report.  Just drop the '-m'.

> (eventually, I want this script to run every morning, and email me what
> volumes were used, showing what pools. We'd then use this to generate a
> report for our offsite tape storage vendor every day)

Sounds like a great idea.