Networker

[Networker] NetWorker training options

2007-10-23 10:51:05
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker training options
From: Rick Brode <rick AT BRODETRAINING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:48:30 -0600
Without doing blatant advertising, which I know is frowned upon by the members of this list, including myself, I'd like to layout, to the best of my knowledge, the options
available for people wanting NetWorker training.

EMC - Everybody knows about EMC. They have extremely good courseware. Their instructors are top-rate. They use a VDC (virtual data center) as their lab environment which contains a UNIX and Windows workstation for each student, plus several VTL's (CDL) per student. Their NW 7.3 course is 5 days and costs $3960 (US$). They deliver training world-wide.

Cambridge Computers (CC) - They are a long-time training partner of EMC/Legato. Almost all comments I've ever heard about CC have been good. Their instructors are also consultants so they have real-world experience. According to their web-site, their hands-on lab class
is 5 days and costs $3495.

Brode Training and Consulting (BTC) - This is me. I've been delivering NetWorker training since 1997 as a training partner, contractor, and EMC employee. I worked for EMC from 2004-2006 and wrote their current NW 7.3 Administration course. My course is 4 days in length and covers the same topics as EMC's, but not in quite as much detail. The cost is $2400. My training facility is in Lakewood (Denver) Colorado. The lab environment consists of a Windows and UNIX workstation for each person and a direct-attached library for each person. I plan to provide training
via a partner in both the UK and in Australia by the end of Q1 2008.

Not to be outdone in the giveaway department :-), I currently have one seat (maybe two) available in my November 6-9 class. I'm am willing to provide it at half-cost ($1200) to any
interested company.

DISCLAIMER: There may be other companies that provide instructor-led NetWorker training that
I am not aware of.

Rick Brode
Brode Training and Consulting, LLC
EMC NetWorker and UNIX Training