Networker

Re: [Networker] Listing bad tapes (CLI)

2007-10-22 11:56:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Listing bad tapes (CLI)
From: Maarten Boot <mboot AT MBOOT DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:53:04 +0200

One other aspect, next to listing tapes are flagged full but that hold
significantly less data than they should like the script below, I also
list any suspect saveset that has occurred

mminfo -xc, -q"pool=$POOL,!ssrecycle,suspect"
- -r"ssid,cloneid,name,client,level,....."

and as querying suspect is not possible on cloned savesets someting like
the script below which uses awk to list any saveset where the cloneflag
is suspect.

mminfo -xc, -q"pool=$POOL" -r"ssid,cloneid,ssflags,clflags" |
awk -F, '
$4 ~ /s/ { print }
'

Suspect savesets should be investigated as the are often an indication
that someting went wrong during restore or that a san or scsi reset
occurred during backup.

one could call this "bad tape" in a broad sense of the word.

Maarten