Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with NDMP devices

2007-10-19 14:21:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with NDMP devices
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:18:11 -0400
On Oct 19, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Coty, Edward wrote:

 From what I understand the tape devices are not connected to the ndmp
filer. They are tape devices connected to the Solaris backup server
host? Running sysconfig -t from the ndmp filer would not help.

Check the tape drives in networker. Readd the user and password. Make
sure the NDMP is checked off. Make sure CDI is not used. If the 5 drives are indeed connected to the ndmp filer then the sysconfig -t should give you the address you need to define and I would try the re-adding the the
user name and password.

If this is a netapp filer I found that every time you library or tape
san goes down the fiber card that the drives are connected to on the
filer needs to be forced offline and online. You normally have to go
into priv set advanced and force the adapter offline and back online.

Let me know if you need the commands to do this.

Edward; your understanding is accurate. Initially, I did have an incorrect userid in the storage node for this, but I corrected it hours ago and the problem still persists. I also have CDI disabled for each of the NDMP drives and the tape library in the storage nodes section of NMC is set to SCSI, not NDMP since its mixed use between SCSI and NDMP devices, which is how it was set prior to my server's disk array bailing out on me.