Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Tape server under Networker 7.3 or 7.4

2007-10-17 15:47:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Tape server under Networker 7.3 or 7.4
From: "Buerger, Andreas" <andreas.buerger AT WINCOR-NIXDORF DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:42:29 +0200
Hi,

We use that with our 7.2 server, but I think it doesn't matter if you
use a higher version, it should also work.
I have configured one of our very old netapp filers with less data
backing on our nsrserverhost.
But it's always a question what amount of data you have to save in level
and full backups.
It's better to attach devices to every filer to backup their data
locally.
In my opinion, if it goes into hundreds of gigabytes or terabytes you
have no chance to backup these amount over gigabit ethernet with good
throughput. It would cause a very high load in your network.

Regards
Andreas