Networker

Re: [Networker] Why does this job think it failed?

2007-10-15 11:50:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why does this job think it failed?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:44:57 -0000
 Michael,

The reason for keeping it alone is the group
just is because client retries is a group-level setting
and if you want to reduce it, you may prevent other backups
to retry. No other restriction. You may group more SQL client
a time, no prob, within same sql group without probs.

Another good one is you may miss other backup failues for
clients from these groups, thinking group failure status to
just come from SQL ...

Cheers

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT - PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                                  Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels