Networker

[Networker] savepnpc logging

2007-10-15 00:09:37
Subject: [Networker] savepnpc logging
From: Alan Rubin <Alan.Rubin AT NT.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:37:43 +0930
Networker Gurus,

It seems that savepnpc only logs to a local file on the client when it executes
(/nsr/logs/savepnpc.log).  If we wanted to be able to create reports centrally
based on success, failure, or time out conditions being reached, etc, it would
be inconvenient, at best, to manually gather these logs to one place.  Does
anyone know if savepnpc makes use of a syslog facility in Solaris and NW 7.3.2
when it does its logging?  If it does, we could also log messages to a specified
loghost.  If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Regards,

Alan Rubin
Technician Unix
DCS Midrange Services