Networker

Re: [Networker] When is an update enabler required ?

2007-10-10 17:36:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] When is an update enabler required ?
From: Nick Tan <nick AT WEHI.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:31:35 +1000
Goslin, Paul wrote:
We would like to upgrade our server from its current 7.2.2 to 7.4
(skipping over 7.3). Does this require an update enabler & what if
anything should we watch out for as far as 'gotchas' ?

What is the most stable version of 7.4 currently available ?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've just done a similar upgrade, from 7.2.2 to 7.4, and needed the 7.3 enabler even though I wasn't installing 7.3. Apparently there's no enabler needed if you are upgrading to 7.4 from 7.3 though.

As far as I know there is only one version of 7.4 available, but there are some patches available. The one we applied was a patch to fix the truncated savegroup email output bug.

Hope this helps.

Nick