Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use two storage nodes?

2007-10-04 03:29:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use two storage nodes?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 07:23:42 -0000
I also have seen the same behaviour quite often.
It only switch if storage node cannot mount a media (disabled or
serviced devices
or no device allowed in requested pool) or is not reachable.

Same strange behaviour if you use save mount timeout /lock and
the client has only 1 storage node listed : once the SN get
locked by save mount timeout (eg locked for 1 or 2 minutes),
the backup fails with "no matching device found, check device/sn ...."
I checked with "savemount timeout = 10 min" and sn lock to 2 min
without success.

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT - PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                                  Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels