Networker

Re: [Networker] what is the ssid for?

2007-10-01 10:00:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] what is the ssid for?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:53:54 -0400
On Oct 1, 2007, at 7:43 AM, nickelj wrote:

Hi All,

can someone explain to me what the SSID in networker is for, or what a high number of ssid's mean? The reason for that is, that a colleage said the number of ssid is equal to the number of file systems which we backed up.

Please shed some light on me.

Your colleague is incorrect. Each disk mount point generates a unique saveset ID each time its backed up. This saveset ID can be referenced in three main ways: recover, copying (i.e., cloning) and reporting. You would do well to review the NetWorker Administrator's Guide for more information on this subject.