Networker

Re: [Networker] How best to script re-labeling tapes ...

2007-09-28 14:04:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] How best to script re-labeling tapes ...
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:58:07 +0000
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 01:36:43PM -0400, MIchael Leone wrote:
> I run NW 7.3.2jumbo on Win2003, with a HP SDLT320 tape library (48 slots,
> 4 drives). I'd like to write a script to re-label only certain tapes
> (i.e., if a tape in any slot is in pool CLONE and the mode is RECYCLEABLE,
> I want to re-label that tape, keeping it in the same pool. But not
> re-label a tape in pool CLONE that is APPENDABLE).
>
> I've searched, but don't seem to see a way to automate this, because I
> would need to query NetWorker for the mode and pool of each tape in each
> slot, so there would be no user interaction required. Can anyone provide
> clues or pointers to how I might be able to accomplish this? (if it can be
> done, that is)

I usually use 'nsrjb' to gather a list of volumes that are within the
jukebox.  Then I check each one via 'mminfo' to get a pool name and the
status of the volume.  From there it would be back to 'nsrjb' for
relabeling.

mminfo -av -q'pool=CLONE,volrecycle,near' would be a good first pass for
CLONE, recyclable volumes that are in a robot.