Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker encryption with 7.3 or 7.4

2007-09-27 06:12:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker encryption with 7.3 or 7.4
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 06:08:40 -0400
On Sep 21, 2007, at 2:41 PM, Coty, Edward wrote:

Anyway using the software encryption that comes with 7.3 or higher? I
would love to here some feedback on Networker's encryption.

I installed NetWorker 7.4 two weeks ago and I have been trying to get NSR's aes 256 encryption to work without success. Its a low priority for me so I haven't spent much time on it, but every time I think I have it right, it doesn't work. What happens is if I recover data using the same pass phrase in the data zone, it works, as it should. If I change the pass phrase in the datazone, the problem is that I can still recover the data. I have been trying this with just a specific disk volume. Last night, I started a backup that does the entire server, but I won't have time to check it again until Monday.

--
Stan Horwitz
stan AT temple DOT edu

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Temple University. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the e-mail. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.