Networker

Re: [Networker] Migration Questions - VxVM /nsr, Sparc vs x86 in stability?

2007-09-26 06:27:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migration Questions - VxVM /nsr, Sparc vs x86 in stability?
From: "T. S. Kimball" <t.s.kimball AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:22:47 -0400
Ah well, so much for that then.  We would have to stick with SPARC, since
the entire adv_file setup is also VxVM/VxFS (3.5 btw, so CDS is NOT
available, and going to 4.x is not an option for various reasons).

So in our case, moving the 60 TB of adv_file (intact!) is the hard part.

I'll probably just recommend a V445 or T2000 instead (I personally prefer
the former, since I still like having multiple, physical CPUs - ability to
still drop in a Diff-scsi card is a plus too).  Then I can just
export/import normally, and walk away relatively painlessly.

*goes off to have a word with co-worker who gave me this idea*  :p

--TSK