Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo query

2007-09-24 17:42:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo query
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:37:53 +0000
On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 02:28:50PM -0400, Kantor, Adam wrote:
> So you're saying the output is actually opposite of the greater than or
> less than sign?

How so?  That's not what I intended to say.

> Should I be changing the command to incoporate the
> 'nsavetime' parameter instead?

No.  That wouldn't change anything.  The only difference between
'savetime' and 'nsavetime' is a display format.  When comparing, they
are identical.

As an example let's presume I did two backups at noon local time on
these dates:

saveset on Sep 1
saveset on Sep 20   (All times US/Pacific)

# mminfo -av -r 'savetime,nsavetime'  would produces something like:
savetime          nsavetime
Sep  1 2007       1188673200
Sep 20 2007       1190314800

Now I ask for all savesets that match 'savetime<"2 weeks ago".  2 weeks
ago was Sep 10, or around 1189450800 in epoch time.

'savetime < "2 weeks ago"'  is roughly equal to
'savetime < 11894580800'

For the two savesets, the first one (Sep 1) matches that condition and
is printed:

1188673200 < 11894580800