Networker

Re: [Networker] Who is using 7.4 now? Its great!!!!

2007-09-21 18:45:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Who is using 7.4 now? Its great!!!!
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 23:40:42 +0100
dakoal wrote:

> what is you Problem Davina Treiber????
>
> You wrote : I'd be happier if they put nwadmin back in.
>
> And I tell @Davina Treiber:  that we are using nwadmin on newer Networker
> Versions.
>
> Here some FAQ for using a Forum:
> - The @ means that the message right from the name and the ":" is for that
> person.
> - Only a "Quote" means that the Person mentioned wrote something.

That is the first time I have ever heard of those conventions, and I
have used plenty of forums. I am not using one right now, I am using a
mailing list.

> I only wanted to be friendly and tell you that it is possible to do use
> nwadmin from an old Version on 7.3.3 , and you are ..... (I don't write that)
> ...  me.

Yes it may be possible, but as time goes on and more features change,
the old nwadmin will become less and less compatible with the new
versions of software. It is not a long term solution, or one that is
supported. Friendliness appreciated.

> And with what should I be more careful, with sharing my Legato experiences
> ???????

Perhaps be careful about mis-interpreting Auto Media Management. That's
always a good one to get me on my soapbox  ;-)

Internet forums were not even dreamed of. The list has been hosted by
Stan at Temple for several years, before that it was hosted by Reto
Lichtensteiger at Meitca and even earlier by Patrick Larkin at
iphase/Interphase. I think I was a late starter, not joining until 1996.

There is a reciprocal arrangement between the NetWorker list and the
Backup Central forum. Postings made on the Backup Central forum are
cross-posted to the NetWorker list and vice versa. It can be a bit
confusing sometimes, not least since list users don't see proper names
and email addresses for forum users. Personally I'm not sure this
cross-posting is a good idea, it might be better to just encourage
Backup Central users to subscribe to the mail list instead. This is just
my opinion.